Everything Looks Better Elevated

http://www.blurb.com/ebooks/636432-sidechicks       It's always a pleasure to entertain at my new house. Tyrone and I are so proud of our home. It's comfort and style are two things we hold in priority for ourselves and our guests. Well, last weekend was no exception.
       Visiting from Los Angeles were my best friend's Aunt Fern along with her adult daughter Nikki and husband Joe for a Saturday morning brunch. I prepared a buffet of fruit, cheeses, pastries, chicken wings and gourmet cookies on fancy serving dishes atop glass stands. In my opinion, it's beautiful and it's just what I want my guest to experience at my house. Of course, Tyrone feels the exact opposite; boasting his anti-fancy opinion whenever possible.
       My vote won and our guests were delighted with our fancy buffet complete with all-day Mimosas and said so.
       "Valorie," Aunt Fern remarked wide-eyed and smiling, "you did all this for us?"
        "Of course, Aunt Fern. You're my guest."
        "Wow," she exclaimed. "This is just regular food but it looks so special elevated like this."
         "Why yes, Aunt Fern," I agreed. "Everything looks better elevated! Breasts and butts included!" Our little brunch crowd roared with laughter including Tyrone.
         In my new book SideChicks, Associates of the fictional travel concierge company Illustrious.com are expected to maintain perfect bodies through exercise for the pleasure of Illustrious' Clients. In both situations, elevating fruit and breasts is so, so fancy; as the all-knowing Tyrone said earlier. Maybe he's right. I mean could it that there's too much pressure on the host to defy gravity? And what about the guest who may not know how to adequately compliment something so un-mundane? Still, having something presented that took care and planning is well, wonderful. Just another example of art imitating life (and vice versa) and yes, everything looks better elevated.

Comments

Popular Posts