Just When You Think You Know Someone

Listen to the Song Lore hears in her head
when she's with Bill.
        Pretty sure any psychologist will agree, growing and changing is a vital part of a healthy life. But when you're part of a social set that's pretty okay with what they know and love about you, growing and changing is tantamount to a crime!
        And yes, I think I've lost a few friends. Writing--frankly exploring any of our passions--gives off a heat that makes some people afraid of the outcome. It's only human. Still, I always enjoy the initial feedback I receive from friends who know me well once they've read one of my books. Most recently after a dear friend read SideChicks, she called me with that "ooooo, girl!" way of hers and said "I didn't know you got down like that!"
        Trust me, it was a compliment.
        Another friend read one of the sex scenes and well, let's just say she asked me on a date and said it'll be our little secret.
My initial friend went on to praise me for being able to put the reader in the moment simultaneously entertaining and intriguing her. "Never knew you had it in you!"
        I knew.
        It's what I love about writing; having the ability to take my reader on a journey is a privilege. So is escaping what I live everyday to dive into the vices, foibles, lusts and murders of my characters only to rest soundly in my own bed and not in a jail cell.
        My main character Lore is not so lucky. She, too, is growing and changing but in such a way that makes her question her motives. And pits her two most inner desires of wealth or happiness against one another. Interested to find out which one wins? Read SideChicks by Valorie M. Taylor

Comments

Popular Posts