When You Look Young...

Ass. Kicked.
        That's what I posted on Facebook the other morning after leaving the gym. It's how I felt, it's how I looked and frankly, it's what I'd testify in court!
       I'm so smart. After two whole months of avoiding the gym and only vowing that fateful morning to get back in there and pay for all the carbs I'd consumed, I let myself get talked into a circuit training class. I mean, really? Who does that? And who does that after doing 15 minutes on the treadmill uphill?!
       So, I get in the class and we're warming up with high knees, walking squats, running in place and you guessed it, I'm ready to leave football training.
       But no. Now the real training begins with the most complicated sit up every created, more high knees, some cable thing, rowing, wall squatting and no break!
      The kicker was when the trainer comes over to me and says "c'mon, you can do this! You're way younger than these ladies."
      Had I been able to speak (speaking or breathing, I had to make a choice), I would've told the twenty-something "I am their age!"
        When you look young, everyone expects that you can do it all. I get that a lot and it totally messes with my lazy aspirations of not exercising and still being slim.
        In my book SideChicks Olivia Darren has decided to trade in on her youthful looks and applies to work for Illustrious.com. No, she doesn't want to be a maid or a gardener or an admin. She wants to compete in the younger woman's arena. Wanna know how it all turns out? Read SideChicks by Valorie M. Taylor

Comments

Popular Posts